How to Become a Recognized Expert with Dorie Clark
On episode 111, I’m talking with the world’s leading expert in building and improving influence, confidence, and perseverance, Dorie Clark. Dorie is a marketing strategy consultant for many well-known brands including Google. She has been recognized as a branding expert by the Associated Press, Fortune, and Inc. Magazine as well as a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Time Magazine, Entrepreneur, and The World Economic Forum blog.
Dorie is also a well-established author, having published three well-known books, and frequently participates in public speaking engagements.
Today, she joins me on the show to share her story on how she transformed herself into one of the world’s Top 50 leadership speakers, why leaders should take their content creation up a notch to gain the recognition and influence they need to achieve their goals in 2017, and why your personal brand is critical to taking your career to the next level.
“When you are a recognized expert, you get the respect you deserve, your ideas get heard, and you make a bigger impact.” – Dorie Clark
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Dorie shares the three tactics she used to reinvent herself as a global expert.
- She explains why it is important to “create content like a maniac” and how it affects your visibility, familiarity, and helps grow your network.
- She explains how and why she deliberately pursued affiliations with recognized institutions.
- We discuss how to grow your network by attending high-level conferences.
- She shares how long it took her to break into “the system” as well as how long it took to begin seeing the fruits of her labor.
- She shares the three steps to standing out in your career and the tangible benefits that follow.
- She explains how she manages her time to “get it all done” in her business today.
The 3 Steps to Standing Out in Your Career:
- Identify the ideas that set you apart.
- Promote your ideas successfully.
- Build a community of followers.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B Cialdini
- Stand Out by Dorie Clark
- Reinventing You by Dorie Clark
- Stand Out Networking e-book by Dorie Clark
Connect with Dorie Clark:
Do you want to rise in your organization and make a meaningful contribution? Are you frustrated with the politics and struggling to make your voice heard? Perhaps you suspect that the biggest obstacle to your success right now – is you – but you’re unsure of how to get out of your own way.
We can help!
Register for our special, live training: Get Out of your Own Way in 2017: 5 Career Shaping Lessons to Unleash Your Inner Powerhouse in 2017! This free, live training is a 90-minute webinar packed with information, resources, and ways to help you get out of your own way and step into your power as a Fierce Feminine Leader!
Click here to register – but you better hurry! The webinar takes place on January 12! Stay tuned to the end of the training for your chance to win a $3,000 VIP Career Makeover Session with yours truly!
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2017
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2017? Join Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 6-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave your review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
Want more Advice Like this?
Sign up and follow me on Facebook to get more advice on achieving the personal and professional success you deserve!