EP68 Oprah Winfrey Taught Me THIS
Not long ago, as I was watching T.V., I saw a cartoon of a tiny little caterpillar that was transforming into a beautiful butterfly. As the butterfly emerged from its cocoon and looked around at his caterpillar friends, he noticed the look on their faces – the look of “oh.. you’ve changed.”
The other little caterpillars were jealous of the butterfly’s beauty.
As I watched this cartoon, I began to remember one of the most powerful lessons I learned from Oprah Winfrey:
People will support you until you exceed their expectations of you.
Oprah was right. People you know – and even those you don’t – will tend to support your efforts, be your best cheerleader, until they realize that you have exceeded all of their expectations; until you become truly successful.
That’s when jealousy sets in.
On Episode 68 of Fierce Feminine Leadership, I want to share a story with you – one that I have personally been through and now realize that – Oprah was right.
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- One of the fundamental fears women have is fear of rejection – that someone will “boot us out” of the tribe.
- Fear of success is far more powerful than fear of failure
- You have to give yourself permission to shine as brightly as you can so that you can give true support to those around you.
- Some people may feel threatened by your power and success. Some friendships and relationships may be lost along the way. But there’s a huge tribe of fierce, powerful leaders waiting, with open arms, to help you and cheer you on every step of the way!
My Challenge to You:
- Give yourself permission to shine as brightly as you want to.
- Allow yourself to feel truly successful; truly powerful.
- Ignore the jealousy, embrace the support.
Are you ready to be more courageous, focused, and FIERCE this Fall?
Are you interested in stepping into the Fall this season with more courage, more focus, more direction, and more fierceness?
We would love to help you!
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
Want more Advice Like this?
Sign up and follow me on Facebook to get more advice on achieving the personal and professional success you deserve!