EP 70 How to Say YES To Career-Making Opportunities with Christine Nigro
When opportunity comes knocking on your door… what do you do? Do you weigh the pros and cons of accepting that new position or working on that new project? Or do you immediately say ‘Sure, I’ll try that!’
My guest on Episode 70 has worked her way up through the leadership ranks throughout her career by never turning down a challenge. Christine Nigro, Vice-Chairwoman of AXA Advisors, LLC and Managing Director for AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company based in New York, joins me today to give you powerful advice on climbing the leadership ladder toward career success.
She shares her story about how she never turned down an opportunity, even when she knew she didn’t check all of the qualification boxes to complete a new project or accept a new job – and in doing so, she explains how her “never say no to a challenge” motto has helped her advance her career far beyond the norm. She shares practical advice on what you can do to help grow your networking team, find people willing to sponsor and vouch for your skills, as well as how to speak up in a board room meeting when you don’t agree with something being said without coming off too aggressively to your co-workers and peers.
“When presented with an opportunity to learn something, don’t worry about where it will take you in your career. Just take the opportunity.” – Christine Nigro
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- Christine’s journey to success – how she became an expert in running local businesses for large international companies.
- Why she believes it’s important for women to be willing to take risks.
- How asking continually asking questions helped her advance her career.
- Why she believes women should focus on things they are good at.
- Why she believes it’s important to identify the people who can help you.
- What role has sponsors played in her career and how has she found them.
- How critical was it for her to be in an operational role and why we don’t see more women accepting these roles?
Christine’s 3 Practical Tips for Being Assertive Without Being Aggressive:
- State your concern in the form of a question.
- Be willing to “wear some labels.”
- Allow people to have some of the culture they grew up with.
Christine’s Top 3 Pieces of Advice:
- You really have to like what you are doing.
- Let your natural competitiveness out and allow it to be seen by others.
- Find the fun in everything you do.
My Invitation To You!
Are you working within an organization or feeling stuck or stagnate in your career and know you are capable of so much more? Are you an entrepreneur and know that you’re playing small, could be charging more for your work or know you are a thought-leader in your space and are struggling to get your message “out there?”
Join me for the world’s preeminent training program for women in business: The Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women!
Enrollment is open for the world’s premier training and leadership implementation program for women who are ready to own their ambition and step into their power as confident and influential leaders that others will listen to, buy from, follow, and promote! This is a comprehensive, step-by-step leadership program that teaches you the high-level theory behind how 8-figure business women create outstanding results and how you can put these theories to work for your own life and career.
This 6-week group mentoring program is for women in business who are ready to show up as the leaders and influencers they are meant to be.
Enrollment is open for only 10 days, so head on over to the Leadership Lab for Women website and claim your seat today!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
Want more Advice Like this?
Sign up and follow me on Facebook to get more advice on achieving the personal and professional success you deserve!