Ep 109 Gender Bias? What Gender Bias?
Welcome to the last episode (EP 109) of the Fierce Feminine Leadership podcast for 2016! As we wrap up the year, I want to discuss an important topic for you to think about as you are planning your 2017 path to success – gender bias. What is gender bias? Is it still alive and well in today’s working world?
Unfortunately, despite the incredible strides women in business have made over the past several years, gender bias is still a major part of our work, culture, and society. The beast still lives and breathes–it’s just harder to spot. Today, I’m going to talk about what gender bias looks like in today’s working society, and how, although things are getting better at the middle-management level – top-level positions within many organizations still have plenty of room for improvement. When the solutions for a problem are the problem themselves – thats how you know that gender bias is alive and well.
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- In the upper echelons of power, things are not changing much for female leaders.
- Gender bias has morphed into a nuanced phenomenon that has become harder to notice.
- Women make up approximately 50% of Silicon Valley law firm associates – but only 17% of their equity partners.
- Women make up only 4.6% of the CEOs of the S&P 500.
- There’s been a lot of movement at the middle-leadership levels, but the number of women in senior management positions have hardly moved in over 20 years.
- Women have the choice to build the skills they need to navigate the broken system. Don’t mistake this for a fixed system.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2017
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2017?
Join Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 6-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Want more Advice Like this?
Sign up and follow me on Facebook to get more advice on achieving the personal and professional success you deserve!